In 1959, Guilio Fontana moved his business from Kings Park, NY to Bayport, NY. When Guilio retired in 1966, his twin sons John and Louis incorporated under the name G. Fontana & Sons, operating the business with the honesty and integrity instilled in them by their father.
In the 1970’s, John and Louis obtained a patent on a method for imprinting a design on paving slabs. This method is still used to make our blocks today. In addition to our patio blocks, Fontana products also include hand made cement urns, bird baths, benches, game tables, and other specialty items.
In 1988, Louis tragically died in an accident. John continued to operate the business and in 1997 was joined by his son-in-law Ed Tirado. Today, John and Ed continue to produce products known throughout the community for their quality and beauty.